Lockdown Diary - Thursday 9th July 2020

Today has been a tough day, so far.  I feel really drained and tired, more so than on Tuesday or Wednesday.  I guess maybe the after-effects of the operation and anaesthetics have hit home now.  Not sure.  I think I need to take it even easier than I have been.  I'm not very good at doing nothing and I think I need to relax even more if this healing is going to happen.

What have I done today? Not a lot. Had a call from a friend checking up on how I am doing and updating me on the health of of mutual friend who's not doing so well.  I also had a chat with a mate in Berlin - it's good to keep in touch and I enjoy his observations on the UK from Germany: with any luck I'll visit him again next year.

I started reading the next book club novel, 'My Sister, The Serial Killer' (by Oyinkan Braithwaite), which seems promising, but didn't find time for 'Ulysses' - mainly because I felt so tired and you need to have your wits about you when reading it.

It being Thursday, the highlight of the day was the Idler 'Drink With..', which tonight featured the artist Gavin Turk and author/travel writer David Bramwell.  As always, stimulating conversation, more books I need to find time to read, much laughter and, for a change, total sobriety on my part.  Hopefully that's one thing that won't catch on.

I'm still being well looked after by the boys, which I really appreciate, and so it was good to settle down for dinner and watch the first episode of 'Umbrella Academy' on Netflix.

To suit the current mood/energy level, I've chosen something laid back. I heard a track from this album on the radio last week and was rather taken by it. The musician is Turkish but the music is a blend of Japanese and Turkish instruments leaning towards Jazz, but in an ambient way. Rather try to describe it and fail, I should let the music speak for itself.  This is Sven Wunder with 'Blanket Fog Descends' from the album 'Wabi Sabi'. 


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020