Lockdown Diary - Monday 27th July 2020

Reality bites! Back to getting up around 6 a.m., partly in preparation for work tomorrow (assuming I'm not on leave - long story) but also because I need to eat before 8 a.m. if I'm doing yoga at 10.

Got showered, exercised, ate breakfast and drank coffee in plenty of time and then started getting a few things organised - a couple of posts, shared yesterday's blog and started my list of tasks for the day in my Bullet Journal.

The carers arrived for the main morning call as I started setting out the living room for yoga and getting the laptop cranked up and ready to Zoom. 

At about five to ten I logged into Zoom and chatted with the teacher, then in two shakes of a lamb's tail, it was underway.

Wow! That was hard work after three weeks away! My calf and under-thigh muscles (I'm sure they have a name, but I don't know what it is) really struggled with some of the new poses they've been practising whilst I've been away, not helped by the fact that they really haven't had much exercise for a while - probably 5 weeks with the full pre-op quarantine lockdown. 

However, hard work or not, it felt bloody good to be doing yoga again! Bring it on!

Tidied all the yoga stuff away, made another coffee (give me caffeine! NOW!) and then the carers arrived again for the lunch call. I happened to mention my shoulder was aching and one of them laughed and made some remark, to which I replied I was right-handed, which made her laugh more.

Time to meditate after that (yep, you read that right) and then it was time to make some lunch with all three sons.  Usual non-working day lunch, with an episode of 'South Park', then part company.

Quick trip to the shops with son #3 to post a card and get some cash out, then back to book a birthday meal at the local Italian on Sunday. Both my sisters called whilst I was out and so I returned their calls - just checking up on me and catching up on news.

Time to stop writing this and go and get some reading done and maybe stop and have a think about plans for the future.

In the end I read several pages of 'Ulysses', but nothing else as there were various distractions and things to do!

No time for music - not sure how that happened, but it did. Next thing I know I am prepping vegetables with son #3.

Watched the final episode of series 1 of 'Umbrella Academy', then cleared up,  with a plan to read and get off to sleep (all being well) early as I may be back to work tomorrow. I'll explain that statement in tomorrow's post from the edge of reason. 

Random shot. Mouse on Mars push electronica in an organic, analogue direction and their album 'Autoditacker' is one of my favourite albums. From it this is 'Tux & Damask'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020