Lockdown Diary - Friday 4th December 2020

Off out early, second day in a row, to go and pick up the bulk of my drugs from the pharmacist.  On the plus side I'll grab a coffee and also the latest issue of 'Shindig!' and see what their top albums of 2020 are. Only 'Wire' left to do a review of 2020.

Back home in time for a trip to the outer reaches of consciousness, or as some would term it, work.

A morning of wall-to-wall work was broken up by the visit of the community matron to check my wife over and today she was accompanied by a community matron in training, someone I already knew.  The person in question is male and I am wondering if the term 'matron' is gender-specific?  Obviously 'nurse' isn't, so I guess 'matron' probably isn't either. My mind has probably been horribly warped by too many old 'Carry On' films, so the word 'matron' is always a) said in the voice of Kenneth Williams (generally preceded by the word 'ooh') and b) is Hattie Jacques, hence the ill-informed pre-conception that matrons are always women.

Where was I? Oh, yes. work.

After the brief interlude it was a case of work, followed by work, with a side order of work to follow.

Darkness had fallen a while earlier when I stopped working and started making dinner. A full-blown vegetarian casserole that son #2 had selected, a recipe enlivened by a jolly good glug of red wine. By the time son #2 joins me most of the cooking is done, just a couple of steps left to do, which he takes on.  I have no problem with him not helping as he does so much most evenings, I don't what I'd do without him. He is the one who has re-ignited my interest in cooking again, after a fallow period, for various reasons.

Naturally, I have to finish the bottle of red wine I opened for the recipe, it would wrong not too.  Rather nice it was, too.

We watched a bit of Sara Pascoe (I do rather like Sara Pascoe) followed by HIGNFY (from a few weeks back), then the usual sequence leading to the underworld.

This is the second song I've heard from Divide and Dissolve, and, like the first one, I am rather taken with it.  It's their latest single and it's called 'Denial'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020