Lockdown Diary - Thursday 3rd December 2020

Off out early before work to pick up meds from the local pharmacy, which does at least offer me the chance to pick up a coffee, a music mag (year end reviews!) and some Christmas cards.  All this while the cleaner cleans my office ready for me to start on another crazy day of work.

Pharmacy visit turns out to have only satisfied part of the delivery and I'm going to have to go back tomorrow to get the rest (bulk of it), which is slightly annoying as I would have left it until tomorrow, if I'd known. I guess I did get a coffee, which just about makes it worthwhile 😅

...and so to work...

...which took over all the remaining daylight hours and beyond...

Luckily there is light at the end of the tunnel as this evening is weekly island of  fun, Idler drinks.  Tonight's guest is Adam Buxton, formerly of comedy duo 'Adam and Joe', and most recently of immensely popular podcast fame.

Another exceptionally good chat - I'd forgotten how funny Adam could be - with some great questions and multimedia interludes. Almost 550 people attended this meeting, which must be one of the most well attended Idler drinks of the year. It was going so well that Adam agreed to stay on and take questions past the hour, which meant son #2 had started prepping tonight's dinner before I'd finished.

Dinner made, time to watch Frankie Boyle and HIGNFY again, before the usual closing sequence.

I've heard this song several times over the past few days and each time its made me stop and listen: this is Joel Culpepper with 'Return'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020