Lockdown Diary - Thursday 10th December 2020

I'm really not going to have time to say much to say today. As end of the final working week of the year comes ever closer, the more I'm trying to squeeze in to the remaining time.

Usual Thursday things are going on around me, but work is the focus of the day.

Work.

Finished work close to 6 p.m. in order to join tonight's Idler drinks Zoom call.  Guests are Nadia Durrani and Kamin Mohammadi talking beds across time and cultures.  

Another interesting hour spent in great company - the Idler drinks really has been a life saver in this drought year for live culture.

Both I and son #2 have come to time to cook dinner rather late.  I suggest, after checking the dates on the food we have, that it's so late we should get a takeaway delivered.  This is met with approval from all three sons, and, since son #3 hasn't had food from the new Turkish restaurant, we opt for that.

Ordering food gives me some time back, which allows me to catch up on ordering Christmas presents for two of my sons, with the help of the third.

Food arrives early, is amazingly well-presented and delicious.  We sit down to this and watch the next episode of 'The Haunting of Hill House'.  

Wow. That was an unforgettable episode of the series, almost scared two of my sons witless, or similar.

The only trouble with takeaway is all the packaging you have to clear away afterwards, nevertheless it was so good that this pales.

I'm putting together a 'rock' playlist, which I guess is at the mainstream end of the genre. and found myself listening to ZZ Top's album 'Eliminator'.  As I'm sure many of you will recall this album pushed ZZ Top into the big time and made their long beards 'n shades look, along with slick though fairly sexist videos, globally iconic.  The album contains several well-known hits, but for me by far and away the best song on the album is this one, 'I Need You Tonight'.  Still sounds good after all this time.


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020