Lockdown Diary - Sunday 20th December 2020

Sunday gets off to a slow start, which is the way I like it.  Slower than usual after yesterday's latest announcements.

Carers are running a bit later than usual, so I've finished my breakfast before they arrive.  Car problems!

After breakfast the usual chores take centre stage. 

After lunch I decide to go and hand deliver some of the Christmas cards I can easily on foot.  Exercise and another one less thing I've not done.

When I return from my delivery round, I start wrapping the remaining presents for the carers - a lot of it in the form of alcohol - as I plan to start handing it out tomorrow.

Late afternoon I sit down with son #2 for a chat and to watch the end of a film together - I think he's watching it out of nostalgia as it's a film from his childhood.  I happily watch it with him as we don't often just sit and chill together.

There are things I am trying to work out, but I'm not able to put them into words, yet.  I'm sure their day will come.

I've been talking to son #1 throughout the day about how he and his gf feel about the new lockdown rules.  I know neither of them are happy and it's yet another sacrifice on top of those they've already made this year. I'm pretty certain they could both do without this last minute change: it's really not good for their mental well-being, but there's not a lot I can do.  At least technology will let them stay in touch.

Sea bass for dinner tonight and son #2 is on the case.  I clear up and help with the spuds, but he's got it all under control so I leave him to it, at his request.

More of 'The Mandalorian' before retiring and leaving son #1 to clear up, as normal.

One of my favourite albums of this year has been Johanna Warren's 'Chaotic Good'. The more I listen to it, the deeper under its spell I fall. This is 'Only the Truth'.  Somewhere at the centre of this, darkness lies.


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020