Tales From The Crypt - Thursday 31st March 2022

If I have to tick 'I'm not a robot' one more time...(On average, for work, I have to do it 10 to 20 times a day - land, et's face it, if I was a robot I'd find a way to automate this process, or maybe get a human to do it?)

Still feeling like I'm getting a cold or something (slightly sore throat, earache (one)) but yesterday's lateral flow test was negative, so maybe it is just a cold.  Apparently there's a lot of it about!

Usual stuff for most of the day, until 6 p.m. when it's back to The Idler after a two week break. Tonight's speaker is Julia Samuel (MBE) who is a psychotherapist and author, most recently of the book 'Every Family Has A Story: How We Inherit Love and Loss'. It was a fascinating and thought-provoking discussion, especially around trying to understand your parents experiences as a child. It tied together neatly with Q's expertise on the importance of early childhood and primary school education.

After the chat the Idler family had a conversation which was enjoyable, with lots of different view points especially about family experiences. I stayed until the end and had a chat with a couple of friends who remained including an amazing woman who lives in San Diego.  Looking forward to going to the Idler festival in July with Q to meet some of these wonderful peeps! 

Whilst I'm chattering, son #2 has started the dinner. I join him to help with the vegetables before we eat together while watching more of THT.

I end my day with a chat to Q, before clearing up and going to bed. I have bought myself a smartwatch, so it will be interesting to see how it thinks I sleep. Assuming it thinks. Can a watch think?

Lynks / 'Hey Joe (Relax)' / (Single)
 

[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020