Tales From The Crypt - Thursday 7th April 2022

Why does it always feel like work gets busier and busier as a holiday approaches?  

Another full-on day punctuated by a trip to my GP to have my head examined.  The visit began with the surprise of seeing a sign saying 'Stairs Out Of Order', which slightly blew my mind.  I'm used to seeing 'Lift Out Of Order', but today it was working otherwise everyone would have been trapped!  Perhaps there is back entrance (steady!), from a health & safety perspective I sincerely hope so.

Obviously (??), when I say I'm having my head examined, it's the outside of my head that's under scrutiny. The 'thing' on the back of my head (more of a warty / moley thing than a full-on Voldemort - I guess it's a Voldewart?) is the subject of the examination.  The doctor, not my usual one, asks about my general health and asks how E is and wonders whether E can still recognise me.  I say 'I think so, but I don't know absolutely'. She inquires further about how I am before taking a look at the 'thing' with some kind of device that lets her magnify and examine it further.  Skin things are her specialty, which is why I had to wait for an appointment with her. After the examination she said she thought it ought to be removed / whacked and referred me to the hospital for surgery. She doesn't believe it's malign, however she told me that when they remove it they will examine it and check for anything dodgy. I leave feeling a little happier, not that I am a big fan of surgery.

Back to work for the rest of the day.

After work I begin packing all the things E needs for her respite stay, ready for the arrival of the ambulance tomorrow morning.

Son #3 returns from his visit to his gf and then we start to make dinner, an easy Asian-style meal with noodles, stir-fry vegetable, gyoza and bao' buns.  Usual arrangement for dinner, son #3 and I watch a WILTY and son #2 has his dinner over Zoom, or somesuch.

Upstairs for a pre-sleep chat with Q, then sleep.

Mos Def / 'Umi Says' / 'Black On Both Sides'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020