Tales From The Crypt - Friday 22nd April 2022

As you all know, I am a bit of a thrill junkie, so it'll come as no surprise when I tell you this; I was hanging washing out BEFORE 8 a.m.! This was real edge of the seat stuff, as the sky is overcast and there's little prospect of sun, according to both the BBC and the Met Office. 

Hot off the press! I've only gone and hung another load of washing out and it's not even 9 a.m. - I may need a lie down before work...

...which dominates the day...until around 5 p.m.  I've been on several intense technical back to back calls - kill or cure!! - and really need to finish for the weekend.

Against the backdrop of work, the house has been abuzz with activity; son #2 is packing to go to Costa Rica early Saturday morning and son #1 is getting ready to head up to London to see he gf and her photography exhibition at her university. Consequently there have been a lot of hugs and goodbyes, especially as son #2 will be off before dawn's crack tomorrow morning.  

Son #2's trip to Costa Rica is to meet his gf, who's he's never met in person.  Until tomorrow. She speaks to me mid-afternoon to re-assure me that she and her family will look after him.  That's so good to know.  I have, of course, spoken to her before, but it makes me realise I need to learn more about Costa Rica.

My day ends in the usual way with dinner, wine and sleep. Je suis fatigué (for those who don't know, that's French for 'I am knackered')

À bientôt!

Microdisney / 'High And Dry' / '39 Minutes'


[['Don’t you blame the viruses they are really into what they do']]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020