Lockdown Diary - Monday 11th May 2020

The usual early Monday start so I can finish breakfast two hours before yoga at 10am.

I banged my head yesterday evening in the kitchen. I only mention this because I have this inexplicable thought that I ought to go and begin digging over the ground where the main circular bush was removed today.  Perhaps after doing yoga it will pass? Most strange.

Yoga was excellent as always and I particularly enjoyed it when the teacher said, after holding a pose for several breaths, 'take your last breath', which made me laugh, because, in some poses, I think it just might be!

Not long after finishing yoga the nurse arrived for my wife's regular catheter change, during which time I had several calls to make, for her and for me.  Just as I'd finished the calls the lunchtime carers arrived and after some chit-chat and abuse about getting on with the garden...

...I went and began to dig over the newly cleared ground. This is absolutely overrun with roots and tuber-type things near the surface - a bit like the film 'Tremors' but without the motion.  I've done about 25% of it and overfilled a large garden waste bag already.  The upside, so far, is that the birds are having a field day in the bit I've dug over.

I think I need to have a lie down as all this gardening nonsense is becoming a worry.

I continue to progress 'Futuristic Violence & Fancy Suits', which now has the honour of being the first book to make me laugh out loud for several months. Can't say anything more 'cos of book club. Shh! Secret Squirrel.

Having mentioned 'Killing Eve' last night, I did forget to mention my surprise at who got killed.  Just before it happened, I realised it was going to happen though I was thinking, 'no, surely not', but sure enough, they did.

Tonight I have mostly been listening to BC Camplight. 'Shortly After Take Off' is an excellent album, one of the best I'v heard this year, so far.

Watched the second episode of 'Killing Eve' with my sons.  Is it me, or has the soundtrack gone off the boil?  The choice of choons doesn't seem to have the impact of those in the first two series.

After an hour or so of TV it was time to join the night train to Bedfordshire, before starting this whole cornucopia of delights all over again. Again. Again.

This has been lurking in the back of my mind for a few weeks now. It's time has come. Pete and the Pirates (who are from this neck of the woods, incidentally), 'Come To The Bar' from the album 'One Thousand Pictures'


[[~]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020