Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 26th May 2020

Out of bed by 6:15 in an attempt to get my walk done ahead of the first carer call, which normally happens around 7:15 to 7:30 (it's usually nearer 7 on Friday, Saturday and Sunday).  I hit the streets between 6:35 and 6:40 which should give me 30 minutes or so with a bit of time to spare.

Got home at about 10 past 7, with about 5-minutes to spare before my wife's carer arrived. After I let her in, I started to get set up for the working day ahead (I always put my work stuff away at the end of the week, so I can make a clean break between work and not-work) whilst chatting with her about this and that.

When the care call was over I got showered, exercised and had breakfast to set me up for another exciting day of work.

Apart from a couple of brief interludes, including meditation, it's been work all day long, 'as the sun beats down...'

Work over I decided it was time to change my bed again. Son #2 kindly offered to help me turn the mattress - much easier with two people - and stayed to help put the mattress protector and sheet on.  Did the rest of the bed to a random musical accompaniment. Every time i change the bed I'm reminded how much I hate getting the duvet cover onto the duvet.  It's like fighting a flailing octopus! One of my wife's previous carers showed me a really neat way of doing it, but I've forgotten how now.  She made it look so simple. Somehow I manage to make it look like the most complicated bit of origami ever undertaken. I do get there in the end, though.

Time to do dinner.  For some reason I find I am not in the best of moods - I blame the octopus - I need to snap out of it.  We watched the most recent 'Killing Eve', then cleared up and went to bed.  Got to get up early tomorrow for yoga at 7, walking and so on.

Staggeringly, before I retire, I find that Dominic Cummings still has a job 'advising' the so-called Government.

For some reason this song seems to fit the bill today:  Spoon with the title track from the album 'They Want My Soul'


[["We want information. Information. Information."
   "You won't get it." ]]

[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020