Lockdown Diary - Sunday 17th May 2020

Off to a good start with a run this morning, then warm down and shower, ready to face the day.

Coffee and almond croissant for breakfast whilst I do next week's online shopping order.

Next thing is washing. Need to do a white wash and by the looks of the day it'll be good drying weather.  In my wildest youthful imagination I could never have conceived of the wondrous things that would fill my adult days. 

To FB Messenger for a few exchanges with friends near and far.  A friend has kindly completed son #3's student loan 'I am who I say I am' form, which we're going to hop in the car and pick up.  Tomorrow I'll need to go the post office and send this letter off using some kind of tracked method.  I haven't been to a Post Office for more than 8 weeks. What a thrill it will be!

Carers arrived for lunch call.  I don my safety garb and do my catheter flush bit. Rips off disposable apron and returns to being Clark Kent.

Caught up on the weekend's papers for a bit before a team effort to make lunch.  

During- / post-lunch I finished today's Observer, or at least what I wanted to read of it for now.  Trying to work out if there are any other jobs I must do? Damn! Yes, clean the kitchen surfaces, but surely that'll do?

Can't think of any more jobs or don't want to think of any more, so I'm going to return to the online 'Introduction to Psychotherapy' course.  I had thought my homework from the previous lesson was still to do, but when I looked, I found it was impossible. The task begins: 'Have a conversation with your mother, father or primary carer about your very early years.' Alas this is no longer possible. Probably a worm can well worth keeping closed.

Lesson 4 is about Donald Winnicott and the True Self.  Very interesting and also a little unsettling.  There are things here I must take time to explore in some detail. In some ways, the most illuminating subject so far.  Plenty to mull over with a glass of vino.

Managed to grab an hour or so to listen to music before the dinner process began.  My involvement was minimal as son #2 took over dinner duties which meant I could read a bit more of 'Three Women'.

From the beautifully bleak album 'Black River Falls' this is Cathal Coughlan with 'Dark Parlour' 


[[Sometimes the only way out of the darkness is to surrender yourself to it]]

[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021