Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 19th May 2020

Alarm set for 6am, but didn't manage to get out of bed until 6:25. Nevertheless I did manage to do 25 minutes of brisk walking and get home before the first carer visit. Tomorrow I'm going to have to be better organised, if I'm to get the walking done and be ready in time for yoga at 7am 😅

Work consumes the bulk of the day, only interrupted by lunch made and delivered by sons 2 and 3.

Broke work up by meditating for 20 minutes and then going for another walk to ensure I exceeded my 30 minute brisk walking upper target. It's such beautiful weather outside that I have to use a lot of will power to persuade myself to return to my laptop and work. 

I took a short break to read a bit more of 'Three Women' and am now approaching the mid-point, which means I should have plenty of time to finish it before book club meets to discuss it on the 1st June.

I didn't manage to find time to listen to music other than my main Spotify playlist on random whilst I cleared up in the kitchen and started the dinner.  No sooner had the oven warmed up than son #2 was downstairs offering to take over making dinner.  After much resistance on my part, I graciously accepted his offer and left the kitchen to go and relax. Briefly.

The rest of the evening passed in the blink of an eye - we started watching 'His Dark Materials' together before clearing up and getting off to bed. It's a long time since I read the 'His Dark Materials' to my eldest sons, so I've forgotten much, but it did seem like there was some variation from the books in the first episode. Philip Pullman writes well and has a very clear and precise writing style, something that can't come across in a film or TV series.

I seem to have been listening to a lot of Cathal Coughlan, in one guise or another, of late. I've chosen one of my favourite songs of his, from the slightly less bleak follow-up to 'Black River Falls', which is titled 'The Sky's Awful Blue'. This is 'You Turned Me' 


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021