Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 20th May 2020

Got up at 6 and started to get myself ready to go for a 20-minute brisk walk.  I was pretty slow to get going and didn't leave the house until almost 6:30am, which meant it was going to be tight getting back in time for yoga at 7a.m.

Nevertheless I made it, did 21 minutes brisk walking, got back, set up mat and blocks, got laptop started, in to Zoom and got changed with 2 minutes to spare. The usual format - 30 minutes of various breathing exercises and then 17 minutes of sun salute.  By the end of it I was sweating like the proverbial pig - just as well I'd planned to shower afterwards. Looks like this will be the new look Wednesday from now on: walking; yoga; shower; breakfast; work.

After all that excitement, with the sun casting a glorious light over our back garden, I sat down at my laptop and started working.

Work then consumed the rest of the day only interrupted by meditation, lunch, carer visits, and Boots delivering my wife's monthly medication.

At about 5pm I decided to go and walk the remaining 10 minutes, or so, of my brisk walking target - I knew if I didn't go then, I'd never do it - so off I marched in the late afternoon heat.  Feeling suitably sweaty I returned to the laptop to get a bit more done.

I've not had much chance to listen to music for a few days so I'm snatching an hour or so to chill out for before dinner.

Can, Slift and Grimes later it was time to enter the evening process that ends in bed and, hopefully, sleep.  

Time to close the shutters on another day of loving lockdown living.

Music. What to choose? Hmmm.  I know!  This box set is staring me in the face as I type, so it's the source of today's choice.  There's some great collaborations, band and solo work within, but Jah Wobble and 'The Sweeney' seem an appropriate combination.  This always brings a smile to my face, so, without further ado, from 'The Cover Versions' disc of 'Redux: Anthology 1978 - 2015' here's Jah Wobble and 'Theme From The Sweeney'. 


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021