Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 12th May 2020

Back to work!

Got up early so that I can go to the GP pick up a sample tube, bring it home, fill it and then take it back to the surgery before I start work. The ongoing saga of the UTI rumbles on and, slap bang in the middle of it is me, getting fed up with the whole subject and just hoping that I can get the operation done before the year ends and have some chance of ending this saga which began almost a year ago now. I think I've spent more time on antibiotics than off this year to date. This can't be good on many levels. More news on Friday, hopefully.  Other things are getting me down, but this is at the top of the list.

As for lockdown, well, nothing Doris has said this week changes anything for us, let alone gives any confidence they know what they are doing, so without any stronger evidence that things are actually significantly better, I am carrying on staying in as much of the time as possible. You know it makes sense.

So, to work then (still from home, naturally, as per above), which will dominate the day from now until the evening, so not much to say here.

Work continues until not work...

Engaged in some social media messaging with a couple of friends, then read a bit more of 'Futuristic Violence...' before a quick recap of the end of episode 2 of 'Killing Eve' to make sure I was up to speed ready for episode 3 later tonight. When I stopped the recording of 'Killing Eve' I discovered a very old film, 'The Ghost of St. Michaels' (1941) was on TCM, so I watched that to the end as I have a soft spot for Will Hay comedies, and there's a particularly funny court room scene, that still makes me laugh.

Then to the kitchen to empty the dishwasher and get dinner underway. After that the evening followed the standard pattern before I retried to my bedchamber to read then doze off to sleep to the strains of whatever Gideon Coe happened to be playing. 

The Comet is Coming, 'Summon the Fire' from the album 'Trust in the Lifeforce of the Deep Mystery'


[[~]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020