Lockdown Diary - Sunday 24th May 2020

Started Sunday with my 'usual' 30-minutes brisk walk, though a bit later - more like 10 to 9.

The second carer visit of the day was already underway by the time I got home, as expected.  Talked to carers and chatted about how they were then checked on my wife's catheter: 'is it blocking?', 'will I need to flush it today?' - the usual conversations.

After the carers had finished I finished getting ready and did my remaining exercises (press-ups and weights) before putting the washing on and making a decent cup of coffee. 

I drank the coffee and ate my almond croissant whilst reading the papers - a fine way to get Sunday underway, augmented today by reading the latest issue of 'Private Eye'.

Unfortunately life cannot all be eating, drinking, reading and so on. Things need to be done. They don't do themselves, unfortunately. I noticed the car needed cleaning and, whilst mentioning this as we made lunch, son #2 volunteered to help. A kind offer and one I was happy to take up.  After lunch we set to and  decided this time we'd try and use the hose.  I say, 'try', because the hose hasn't been used in ages, has a kink in it somewhere and the tap attachment is rather worn and leaks.  After a bit of fiddling and re-attachment of fittings we got a reasonable bit of pressure up round the front of the house.  Got the car washed fairly quickly, much easier with two of you and with the hose, and so that's done for another 5 or 6 weeks. Next time I hope to go to a car wash. Coronavirus permitting.

I decided to take a brief break and read a bit more of 'Three Women' as I only have about a week to finish it it and am still not that far past half way. A brief break before cleaning the kitchen floor and so on.

During the day I've been keeping an eye on the Dominic Cummings fiasco, hoping for some good news, but sadly Boris failed to demonstrate leadership, as I feared. As far as I can ascertain the defence of what was done is founded upon lies that Doris repeated, though I guess the lying should come as no surprise.

Watched the fifth episode of 'His Dark Materials' after dinner.  Trying to work out if this series is going to cover all three books or if there are intended to be more? It doesn't help that I can't remember what the splits were between each of the books, though it feels like we've got beyond the end of the first book.

dan le sac vs Scroobius Pip and 'Thou Shalt Always Kill' from the album 'Angles' though just as much a single, I guess...either way, so as not offend your ears, this has all the rude words suitably excised


[[]]

[['The Sweet Bird of Truth']]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021