Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 27th May 2020

Up bang on 6am and started getting organised for yoga at 7. There's also some online food shopping admin that has to be done and by the time I've done that and got set up for online yoga, there's no time to walk first.  I'll either have to squeeze that in later or skip it until tomorrow.

Yoga was the usual 30 minutes of breathing followed by salute the sun - today we hit the 20 minute milestone, well on the way to being ready to do 30 minutes on the morning of the Summer Solstice.  I've noticed that's a Sunday, which means I'll have to get up early on a Sunday for once. This is what I call dedication (or it will be if I do it!)

Fun and frolics over, time for a shower, then work...

...which has occupied the bulk of the hours of the day, so far (it's just gone 4pm), apart from a brief break to flush my wife's catheter (two attempts, second one successful) and to meditate. Didn't stop to eat - I rarely do - just worked through lunch. 

In the early evening I found time to post my review of 'Futuristic Violence and Fancy Suits' on goodreads as well as read the last few remaining pages of 'Three Women'. This means I should have time between now and Monday to finish reading the latest issues of 'Private Eye', and 'The Idler', as well as getting further in to 'A New Day Yesterday' before it's time to start next month's book club book, 'The Binding', on Monday night. Phew! 

Bin night again! Yay! 

Watched another episode of 'His Dark Materials' - only two more left - so I'm guessing they planned on a second series? When, or even whether, it will get made if it hasn't already been, given the current Coronavirus situation, is something only time will tell.

I had planned to attempt to see the SpaceX mission to link up with the ISS, but the launch didn't go ahead due to weather conditions near the launch site.  The launch is postponed until Saturday, though about an hour earlier, so probably not so easy to see.

Instead, I went to bed and read.

Here's Golden Rules with 'Golden Ticket' from their eponymous album...


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020