Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 6th May 2020

Wednesday is always a good day for me in lockdown times, thanks to yoga at 7am. I do have to make sure I stick to getting up when the alarm goes off and not snoozing it, and while it's still a struggle I feel so good afterwards that it's worth it. Today doing yoga so early also meant that I spotted the bin lorry approaching and realised I hadn't put the garden waste bin out, so quickly dashed out and wheeled it to road in the nick of time.

Another sunny day: shame I'm sat in front of a PC screen all day. Damn.

Finishing work now and reading IV.4 of the 'Wake. 

Read IV.4 and I now have the final section, probably the most beautiful, moving and lyrical section of the book, left to read: Anna Livia's dying words as she dissolves into the sea, but not before she talks fondly of her life, husband and children, and then is reborn again and the cycle of life goes around. It begins, 'Soft morning, city! Lsp! I am Leafy speafing. Lfp! Folty and folty all the nights have being falling on to long my hair. Not a sound, falling. Lispn! No wind, no word. Only a leaf, just a leaf and then leaves. The woods are fond always. As were wee their babes in. And robins in crews so. It is for me goolden wending.' Hopefully I can find time tomorrow to read the final eight pages and begin again, Finn again.

I had hoped I'd find time to listen to music but in the end I had to make do with listening to one of my playlists on random in the kitchen whilst I got various tedious jobs, jobs too tedious to mention, done. Having got all that shit sorted it was time to make dinner and we still had the excitement of bin night ahead of us!

You know the drill: dinner, 'Devs', bins, clearing up kitchen, bed, read, then dead (to the world).

Haven't listened to Eels in ages. I love Eels.  Here's the title track from the album 'The Deconstruction'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020