Lockdown Diary - Friday 7th August 2020

As there was nothing especially pressing today, I had a lie-in until about 10 to 7, in time for the first carer visit of the day at about 5 past.  That gives me enough time to greet her in something more than my birthday suit - which I save for special occasions, naturellement: after all, I don't want to get it creased or dirty, do I?

After she'd left, with less of a smile on her face than if I had been sporting my birthday suit, I showered, got dressed and made my usual week day breakfast. At the weekend, all bets are off, now that Costa and Bertie's Bread stall have returned.

After all that excitement, it was time to lash myself to the mast of my work laptop and get prepared for a stormy day ahead (not Daniels, but metaphorically meteorological!)

And lo! He came among us, spreading his stories of good news across the land. Verily.  (In plain English, this just means I spent all bloody day lashed to the mast, but did have a successful client meeting, which allows me to finish work for a client I've worked at for the past 7 years or so.  The end of an ear hole, and all that.

I finished work a little early at around 6 p.m, primarily because my brain was becoming befuddled with acronyms beginning with 'O': there's only one way to cure that - a few pages of 'Ulysses' followed by music.  Tonight's session included the debut album by Brigid Dawson and The Mother's Network (Brigid being keyboard and tambourine player for Thee Oh Sees (in all their multitudinous name variations)) and some death/doom metal from Oranssu Pazuzu.

Talking of music...After a brief diversion I found myself at the Shepherds Bush Empire back in 2010.  Steve Hackett and band perform 'Every Day' from his brilliant solo album 'Spectral Mornings'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020