Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 12th August 2020

Final day of working on the design document - by the end of today it will be finished, one way or the other.  Nevertheless I have got up early in order to do my weekly pranayama/breathing yoga session.  When I started, at 7 a.m. the air outside seemed rather cool and pleasant. By the time I'd finished and showered, it was already getting noticeably warmer.

I don't think I'll have time to write much today as I'll be flat out completing the document for work.

Phew! It's finally over.  I have completed the document and issued it back to my team (or ex. team, I guess).  Not the most fun thing to do in this heat, though nothing like as bad as physical work.  I really don't envy the carers their job in this heat, trying to wear their uniforms in such a way as they can keep cool.  Physically moving people is quite an effort in this heat.

As the afternoon has headed towards evening, there's been a hint of distant thunder, but, so far, no real rain to speak of. The carers said it was persisting down at Cemetery Junction, but not here.

We all watched another episode of 'The Umbrella Academy': not such a good episode tonight, one of those series filler episodes in which not much happens and the plot barely progresses. Visually interesting but not much more.

Cleared up after, with help, and took the bins out, again with help.  [Over the lockdown period the amount of help I receive from my sons has increased a lot, and i haven't had to moan about it.  I am impressed and lucky to have them. Together we can face the upcoming storm, whenever that will arrive.

Heard this on the radio yesterday or the day before.  I'm quite a fan of Luke Haines, so it was an easy choice.  The Auteurs with 'Showgirl' from way back in 1993.  


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021