Lockdown Diary - Sunday 23rd August 2020

Sunday has followed the same pattern as Saturday, so I shan't be listing all the tedious jobs I've been doing / have done.

Things are pretty much as they were yesterday, from my perspective.  Won't be repeating that either. I think aspects, or rather the consequences, of lockdown are getting to me. 

The boys have all gone out - two walking in the South Downs and one at a friend's birthday barbecue.

I've had calls from both sets of inlaws and also one from my 'big' sister.  I'm not feeling the urge to elaborate further.

I did manage to read The Observer and also finish the 'Scylla and Charybdis' chapter of 'Ulysses' - 'Wandering Rocks' is next.

Evening change of plans: son #1 is not returning from the walk tonight, instead he's stopping over at his gf's house, which is in the town their walk started from.  Son #2 will be later home than planned, which leaves me and son #3 to empty the dishwasher, make the dinner etc.

Tom Waits. 'Blue Valentine' from the album of the same name.


[[]]  

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020