Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 4th August 2020

Today's post is going to be very brief, in part because I spent the morning at a planned outpatient appointment at the hospital, but also because I returned to work at lunchtime, only to discover I have been given a piece of work that has to be done today, even though I have in theory half a day to work on it.  Going to be a late finish to the working day, I fear.

Made a quick trip out to the shops to pick up an urgent prescription for my wife, just before Boots closed, but other than that it was work. Work. Then more work.

Stopped work whilst we had dinner and watched the fifth episode of 'Good Omens', then checked back to see if anyone had responded to my emails, and, as they hadn't and they all appeared to be offline, I decided it was time to pack up for the day and go to bed.

No time for anything else!

Started the September book club book, 'Kindred', then drifted off.

Something new from a band I'd not heard before, called Das Rad. The tempo and mood of this seems in keeping with the day: this is 'Buzz Line' from the album 'Adios Al Futuro'  


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020