Tales From The Crypt - Sunday 24th October 2021

[All of this post has been written a day later]

The veil of night remains drawn...until a trip out into the fresh sea air for breakfast of eggs and smoked salmon and a walk along the sea front.  I do like being by the sea, no matter how bad the weather, though today there is broken sunlight, at least to begin with. Time passes pleasantly.

Proximity. Alignment. Emergent roadmap. 

Early evening I set off for home, with son #2 not feeling well and sounding pretty rough on the phone.  I'm home before 7 p.m. and begin to sort things out around the house after checking in with son #2.  He's had a cold for weeks and weeks and is feeling sick and headache-y, and I think he should see a doctor.

I make myself cheese on toast while he sleeps / rests, as he doesn't want anything to eat at the moment, and sit down to watch some of a documentary about Gil Scott-Heron's masterpiece album, 'Pieces Of A Man'.

A brief chat with a friend before talking to son #2, who's now got up to have some food, and then heading for Bedfordshire myself.

Gil Scott-Heron / 'The Bottle' / 'Winter In America' 



[[Continuing the now traditional bloody-mindedness that makes me choose a song or album other than the one the post refers to, though in this case sticking with the same artist for a change!]]

[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020