Lockdown Diary - Mothering Sunday (Sunday 14th March 2021)

Had planned to get up when the first carer of the day arrived, primarily to speak to someone I can actually talk openly and honestly with, but in the end, though I heard her arrive, I was still close enough to oblivion that I preferred to stay there, sleep still being better than the alternative.

Usual stuff done, even managing to read the papers before lunch. Still not in the right frame of mind to concentrate on reading enough to focus on the book club book, though.  

Over lunch I watched the Sky Arts documentary 'Poly Styrene: I am a Cliché'.  By turns it was funny, sad, and very moving. Marianne's daughter did a great job of telling a warts and all story, with honesty and compassion.

The boys did Mother's Day for their mum, mid-afternoon. Though she didn't really open her eyes, she did acknowledge that she could smell the flowers the boys bought.  The other gifts, especially the essential olis for the diffuser, will get used over the coming days.

After that, time passed and I find myself making dinner.  I'm baking Halibut in a hot oven with seasoning, olive oil and coriander, looks good and smells good, so let's hope it tastes good too.

Son #2 joins me and prepares the veg to go with it (I've already done the potato and it's in the oven with the fish).

We all watch another episode of 'Mr. Robot' whilst eating dinner: the Halibut is cooked perfectly, which I'm pleased about.

Next stop sleep

The Anchoress / 'Let It Hurt' / 'The Art of Losing'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020