Lockdown Diary - Sunday 7th March 2021

Motivation at a low ebb and didn't manage to get up and dressed in time for the second carer call of the day.  Sometimes you just have to roll with the punches, I guess.

Made myself some breakfast and then set about trying to pick myself up and start again.  Loads of boring stuff to do, including changing my bed today, unbridled excitement.

Written some stuff, read a fair bit of the papers (reminds me I ought to be reading the book club book - it's short though densely printed, which would give me time to read some other stuff) and done some of the chores.

After lunch I decided to test the water with regards to the consultant's comments about being able to do yoga.  I attempted to sit in yoga easy pose for as longs as I could stand and see if it had any impact on my hernia.  I managed twelve minutes but things started hurting and remained so for a while afterwards.  I decided not to go for yoga tomorrow, but will persevere with a few more poses and retry sitting again this week.  If it becomes tolerable, then I'll try and restart next week. I'll also try press-ups and weights and see if I can do them without amassing a plate of giblets.

Dinner tonight is lemon sole baked on a thinly sliced potatoes, with onion, tomatoes, chilli, and some herbs.  Most of it cooked in one tray in the oven, apart from the broccoli we had with it.  Son #2 and I made the dinner, probably a little late, after I listened to YMO and son #2 had a late shower (what's the point?)

Dinner was served with 'Mr. Robot' and a gripping episode as season four moves towards a close. Let's hope the ending is a good one.

Whilst cooking dinner son #2 elected to play the Spotify family mix which at least democratically chooses from music we each like, and there are thankfully overlaps, but it does mean I do have to suffer the indignity of being forced to listen to Coldplay, the musical equivalent of rice cakes. One song that did come up was 'Golden Lady' by Stevie Wonder from 'Innervisions', and here it is


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020