Tales From The Crypt - Friday 29th July 2022

I had a day off from visiting the hospital to get some order and control back in my life.  I am trying to ditch guilt and focus on myself, the boys, Q and the future.  I'm not forgetting E, of course.  I love her and care about her and how she is feeling. All that I have done and am doing proves that. It's not even that I can't deal with what E is going through, because I can. We've endured a lot together. Emotionally, though, I feel like I am in a boat with no sails or oars on the most stormy and rough sea imaginable. 

I will go in and see E tomorrow. I want her to know she's not alone, though I don't know how aware she is that it's me and the boys there with her. 

In all honesty for everyone's sake, I want this to come to a natural end. The feelings I've experienced for the past six years (plus) seem to be compressed into each day. It's exhausting.  

Somehow I managed to distract myself for most of the day, even though I am surrounded by reminders of what is happening. Or not happening? 😨

Apart from several chats with Q, there's not much else of note. Son #1's gf returned home ahead of the rail strike in order to start work tomorrow. 

Over dinner, I finished watching Robert Plant and that was about it. 

Boards of Canada / '1969' / 'Geogaddi'


[["1969 in the sunshine": 1969 is a doubly significant year for me, though this tune is from 2002, another very significant year. 

I love the eerie nature of the tune, the wobbles in the notes, and, though this tune references a negative historical event, this is for someone special and I'm focusing on the final 'lyrics' and the tune, which means a lot to me.

Hey! Pop pickers!  On the Boards of Canada YT page there's a reversed version of this, which is even more spooky]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020