Tales From The Crypt - Sunday 24th July and Monday 25th July 2022

The highlight of Sunday was brunch with most of our extended family bunch - eight of us: me + Q, sons 1 to 3 and their respective gfs.

Apart from the late hour - more 'unch' than 'br' - for reasons too tedious (and oft-reported) to mention, it was great fun and a distraction for all of us.

Sadly, not that long after the late brunch, it was time for Q to return home.  After she left I decided to cut down some overlong vegetation at the front of the house (not a euphemism) because it needed doing and also as another distraction.  In addition, and probably more significantly, after Q left I experienced a noticeable wave of sadness and a realisation of what is happening and all that comes with it.

Most kindly one of my nieces visited E today, which was really wonderful.

I will be relieved when all of this is over.  It is incredibly stressful and disruptive.

In the evening I went to bed exhausted.

Monday was the last day that son #2's gf would be with us before returning to Costa Rica in the week.  I delayed going in to visit E to accommodate the boy's plans, and before we went son #2, his gf and I went for a 20-minute local walk, just so she got to see the area.  

Late afternoon we headed to the hospital (five of us), having loaded son #2 and his gf's luggage into the car. They were going to make a brief visit before heading back to London for the remainder of the stay.

E is still hanging in there and at times it's hard to know that she's really going. She has survived much longer than anyone had anticipated. For all of us and for her as well, this is really hard.  Sometimes I just feel I want to scream at the top of my lungs.  Except it would do no one else any good.  I'm still processing all that I've been told.

Eat. Sleep. Repeat (please no)

Inner City / 'Good Life' / 'Good Life'


[[Also 4E... This video seems to be equating a 'good life' with expensive material possessions. I guess it was of its era - the extreme greed and selfishness of the Thatcher era. There is also a strong connection between a lot of the 'glossy' dance music of the era and Conservatism.  I should write something about that one day?]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021