Tales From The Crypt - Monday 11th July to Sunday 17th July 2022

I've not been up to writing here for quite a few days now.  There have been false starts, but I've scrapped all of them.  This blog is meant to be a place where I can write the unvarnished truth, but it's been very difficult for a while, both because COVID has made me so tired, but mostly because E has been very unwell in hospital and seems slow to respond to her treatment.  After a week she remains on a very high volume of oxygen and also antibiotics.  

I have visited E quite a few times and, based on what the doctors have said, I have made sure I've told her the things she needs to know and that I need to have said.  Last night I told her that if it's all getting too much for her and if there is too much pain to bear, she should let go, she has achieved so much in the short time she's had, so far. The doctors are working with the hospital palliative care team to assess the extent to which the treatment is causing her to suffer and I guess there may be difficult decisions around the corner.  It's very hard to tell the direction things are taking.

On Friday afternoon the doctor told me to stay nearby over the weekend as they were very concerned for E and, as is almost always the case these days, our weekend plans were changed even further (we should have been at a wedding on Saturday, but my COVID was still very positive and I didn't want to risk giving it to anyone vulnerable). Q drove up for the weekend on Friday evening whilst son #3 and I went into the hospital to see E.  Q's company over the weekend was exactly what was needed.

Q returned south on Sunday afternoon and I visited E again to say important things.  My mind is being shifted, prepared.  

Can't say much more as this is about as much as I can find the energy to say.  I hope, no, actually, I don't know what I hope.

Air / 'All I Need' / 'Moon Safari'


[[Le Fin]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021