Tales From The Crypt - Thursday 30th June 2022

The last day of June!  Where has it gone?  I'm not sure, but it's been fun, mostly, apart from E spending so much time in hospital.

A normal Thursday this week, with our cleaner arriving at the same time as the first carer of the day. 

A chat with Q before I eat breakfast and start work, and after that work takes over.

Not much to remark upon, apart from the fact that at 6 p.m. it'll be the last Idler drinks before the festival a week today. Can't wait!  Tonight's talk is about Blake (William, not Sexton, for the avoidance of doubt!)

Before the Idler I had a chat with Q, who's not feeling so good.  I hope it's not Covid, as she's spent a lot of time on trains etc. I'm crossing everything I can cross and sending positive vibes across the ether. 

Mark Vernon talking about William Blake was interesting and there are aspects of Blake that I find fascinating, but you do have to be in the right frame of mind, 'cos he can be both heavy and impenetrable. Another day (more time required). The post-Idler-drinks-chat with the rogues was great fun and everyone is looking forward to next weekend's festival (or at least those who can go).  

Theoretically, one of my sons was meant to be starting dinner whilst I was enjoying myself, however, the son who wasn't going to have dinner with us started it and I took over and did the rest.

As seems to have become the standard this week, I ate alone while one son's dinner got progressively colder.  I watched Robert Plant and Alison Krauss at Glastonbury.  Some things I like, some things are meh, not my cup of tea (especially as I don't like tea! Reckon my DNA test is going to prove I have no English genes (they're mostly made in the far east))

So far I've watched two good sets from Glasto: Roisin Murphy and Supergrass. The latter features a great performance of one of my favourite Supergrass tunes, 'Late In the Day'. I 'accidentally' ripped the video for that and may have to share it somewhere, if copyright doesn't prevent me. There's so much more I want to watch (JAMC, Primal Scream, Kendrick Lamar, Confidence Man, Herbie Hancock, and Khruangbin off the top of more head and I'm sure there's much more (There's always more (copyright TR 1973))! Just too little time.

After dinner, a very kind friend brought my latest medication delivery around on her way home, which I'm really grateful for. What would life be like without friends? I know I/we are very lucky to have such good friends. 

I've eaten and left the clearing up to those it may concern while I head off to speak to Q before sleeping.  The news is not good; Q is much worse and has a temperature and headache.  It's beginning to sound like the virus.

Agreed to sleep on it and see what tomorrow brings. 

John Martyn / 'Couldn't Love You More' / 'One World'


[[4 koph / koppa]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021