Tales From The Crypt - Saturday 30th July 2022

It's my sister's birthday! Yay! Happy birthday! I hope she has a wonderful day celebrating with her children and still feels well tomorrow 😇

Mostly a normal, old-style, Saturday though maybe a bit more chilled than in the past. Life's too short.

All of us visited E in hospital in the afternoon, though for reasons of logistics and timing, son #1 visited separately, first.  

E looked comfortable, but we all agreed her colour is not normal and she is not at her base level.  Son #2 summed it up well when he said, "if she was like this at home I'd call for medical help" (slight paraphrase, but that was the gist of it). She did cough a bit during the time we were there and when I felt her chest as she coughed I could feel a rattling inside.  That's probably the only concrete sign that anything is abnormal.

It doesn't look like she's going anywhere in the next day or two, but who knows?

The rest of the day pales into insignificance.  Let's do it again! 

The Cure / 'The Same Deep Water As You' / 'Disintegration'


[[

I have so much to say about this song, and here's some of what comes to mind...

E and I are (were?) great fans of Robert Smith and of The Cure.  

This song is very close to my heart.

It's amongst the darkest songs written (there are darker ones, for example, 'Gloomy Sunday' - look it up!), even darker than 'One  Hundred Years'??

I love the sound of rain and thunder on a song.

Intense. Funereal.

]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd July 2021

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021