Tales From The Crypt - Wednesday 6th July 2022

Another crappy night's sleep and, just to add to the excitement, I think I'm getting a cold, just in time for the Idler festival at the weekend. I've had a persistent headache for the past few days, so who knows...FFS!

Whatever is happening inside me, I am going to be very busy writing a design document at work today, so I'll probably be very quiet.

Turns out Q's had a lousy night's sleep too and is trying to catch up, which means we speak later than normal.

In all the excitement surrounding wasps, 'Annotations...' and Covid I completely forgot to mention the joyous news that the rats are leaving the sinking cabinet.  Surely it's only a matter of time before BloJo goes? I really hope so, though the thought of any of those in the cabinet replacing him, fills me with dread too. An election seems to be the only sensible way forward, though almost as irritatingly, Starmer's pronouncements on Brexit, mean that I am very likely to end my membership of the LP very soon.  Anarchism is the only way forward, it seems.

Around lunchtime, the man comes to clean our windows. Luckily he doesn't have a ukulele and just gets on with it. More cash was handed over. I'm down to a tenner. O sole Mio! Just one Cornetto etc.

More ministerial resignations as the day goes on, though the haunted pencil is suggesting he wants blowjob in power for a further 19 years. Nanny says it will hurt, but it will be good for him and the nation.

As I type, son #3 is cooking dinner, and then later we'll (well me and sons one and two, at least) will be taking the bins out. Living the dream!

[This post concluded three days later for reasons that will become apparent in the next post, whenever that is! Everything below, even the song choice, happened on Saturday 9th July.]

I don't recall exactly how the day ended, though, let's be honest they mostly end in the same way, give or take bins.  I know I spoke to Q and then got ready for sleep.  Originally I intended to choose something very high octane for the day's tune but got lost in all the choices. An obvious choice would be 'It Came From Japan' by The Von Bondies, but I'm pretty certain that I've chosen it before, way back when the blog was called 'Lockdown Diary; Not that tune then. I have selected something now, though.

The Damned / 'Neat Neat Neat' / 'Damned Damned Damned'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020