Lockdown Diary - Friday 20th November 2020

The working week is coming to a close and, as each week passes, I do wonder if I couldn't be making better use of my time.  Admittedly under the current lockdown, there's not a lot I could be doing, other than exercise, which is currently on hold, damn it.

Time seems more precious now, which is an age thing I guess, or more likely an age and health thing. Whilst I am fit and healthy the time I'm unable to make the most of - in essence the whole of 2020 - seems such a waste. I know it's the same for many people. I know it could be a whole lot worse (and will be at some point soon, but I'm putting that at the back of a drawer, in the bottom of a filing cabinet in the darkest and deepest recesses of my mind, for the time being) but I cannot shake the feeling of life slipping through my fingers like grains of sand, inexorably, towards the zero point.

Quit working at around 6 p.m. and packed away my work laptop and associated bits and pieces until Tuesday.

We're making chicken cacciatore for dinner tonight which has about 20 ingredients though seemingly is a straightforward process, even if it does take over an hour until it's ready for serving.  It also requires a large glass of red wine, which means, unfortunately, that there's the rest of a bottle to drink. Oh, well, it's a dirty job but...

Enjoyed the chicken dish, it turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. Ate it whilst watching the penultimate episode of 'The Queen's Gambit': it's all unravelling!! I can imagine what'll probably happen in the final episode, but I shall wait to find out.

One of Liverpool's finest, Echo and the Bunnymen, with 'All My Colours' from the album 'Heaven Up Here', which has one of the great album covers from the 1980s


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020