Lockdown Diary - Thursday 19th November 2020

It's already Thursday again!  The weeks seem to go by so fast.

Work is the main topic for the day, which rather limits what I'll have to say. As it is International Men's Day, I'm attending a Teams call at lunchtime called 'What Makes a Man', part of our regular active inclusion programme of talks.  This call aside, it's a day of the usual stuff.

I need to stop before six today as it's the weekly Idler drinks tonight. This evening the session focuses on Claudia Hammond, who has written a book called 'The Art of Rest' and who, amongst other things, presents BBC Radio 4's programme 'All In The Mind'.

Another hour wonderfully well-spent: in a survey of 18,000 people reading was the number one restful activity (watching TV was the 9th); I'd not previously heard of 'mindless reading' (which I must now be on my guard against); and, lastly, the rather wonderful quote from Socrates, “Beware the barrenness of a busy life”!

After an enjoyable hour, which was sealed with The Kink's 'Sunny Afternoon', the remainder of the evening took it's now weary worn path to the closing of my day.

I've played them before and I'm playing them again.  NewDad are from Galway in Ireland and have only released a few singles so far, but each has been excellent. This one, 'Swimming', seems to nail it for today. {Please note there are rude words within. Don't say I didn't warn you}


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020