Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 3rd November 2020

Tuesday and back to work.  This is the second week of son #2's new job and it's quite strange both of us working at home - he's in son #3's temporarily vacated bedroom, working at the desk in there and I'm in my office.  When we have a full house again there's going to be some juggling around to be done.

As lockdown number 3 approaches I'm getting emails from my employer and my client about what I/we have to do and it's all getting me down, on top of all the other shit I'm bailing.

Anyway, work.

Late afternoon I decide to go out and walk for 30 minutes or so before the sun sets. If I've got another 4 weeks locked at home again I'm really going have to get out and walk more often, ideally daily.  Let's see how I do tomorrow.

People are impossible to fathom, at times. Whatever the answer, it is getting me down.

Son #2 insisted on doing the dinner on his own, which was kind, and allowed me to clear up stuff in the kitchen and hang some of my wife's things up to dry.  These are the wonderful things that illuminate and thrill.

Watched the next episode of 'The Third Day', the first of the final three, which are named 'Winter'. A suitably disconcerting and disorienting episode with the final reveal (which we'd all predicted) being the clincher. Only two more to go and I have no idea how this will end.

'(Life is a Fucking) Fiasco' by John Moore from the album 'It's Hell Out There'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020