Lockdown Diary - Friday 27th November 2020

Last working day of the week, though potentially only a half-day as I have an outpatient appointment at the hospital this afternoon, which will last as long as it takes.

The morning passes in the blink of an eye and I have a quick lunch ahead of my appointment.  The plan is to get to the hospital a little early so I can meet my sister who finishes work at around 2 p.m. - a chance for a socially distanced quick catch up and for her hand over some birthday presents for my wife. It was good to catch up with her as we've barely seen each other all year - I think the only times I've seen her are at the hospital which is probably the place I've spent the most time this year, after home, obvs.

I'm meant to arrive for my appointment with a 'comfortably full' bladder, in preparation for a sequence of tests. After checking in I begin the tedious process of drinking water, cup after cup.  I won't bore you with the details but, as always, things didn't go quite to plan, and, not for the first time, I find myself the last patient there as the staff gradually go home.  After a final test they agree that the results were acceptable and they won't have to keep me in over the weekend, which I am greatly relieved about. Outside the department, my experience is that things are hugely better, as borne out by one of the test results, but still one test proves naggingly elusive.  Assuming my consultant is happy with the results then I shouldn't be back until May next year, guess I'll find out next week. Fingers (and only fingers) crossed.

Owing to the duration of my appointment, by the time I get home there's not much of the working day left.  I have a check to see if there's anything urgent that needs addressing but there isn't, and given I feel rather drained (ha, bloody ha) I decide, reluctantly (?), to pack away my work stuff until next week.

We're cooking another recipe from scratch tonight - Smoky Sausage Casserole - and as it's supposed to take 75 minutes from scratch to make, it's soon time to get started.  I'm keen to start early as I'm going to a Zoom birthday party tonight - another first - and there's quite a lot of stuff to chop up and prepare before the recipe can be left to its own devices. Son #2 and I set to with a will!

I spent an enjoyable evening celebrating a book club friend's birthday with other book club members. As always interesting things emerge from these get togethers - one of the best tonight was to learn of Whamageddon! If you want to learn more look here!  It's just a bit of fun and is also raising money for the Great Ormond Street Hospital Christmas Appeal. Fun in a good cause - what could be better?

Music? Good question. Actually, it's quite simple. This song has become the unplanned theme song for 2020. This is JARV IS (which is actually Jarvis Cocker) and 'House Music All Night Long' from the album 'Beyond The Pale' 


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020