Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 24th November 2020

Back to work!

Not much to say so far today.  I found I had a very tedious but extremely important task to do which occupied quite a lot of time, if not a lot of my brain cells.

The morning was brightened up when I found I'd got a small award at work for passing my MuleSoft certification a few weeks ago.

A day of the usual trials and tribulations - catheter flush for my wife at lunchtime, some washing to get done for her as well - and various things to set in train.

Work finished and I tried to motivate myself to do something interesting, but when it came down to it the best I could manage was to write a letter to a friend, to be finished tomorrow. Sill not managing to be very focused outside work.

I've started thinking about Christmas now and have asked my sons what they want Santa to bring them. My biggest challenge will be coming up with something for my wife. Better get a move on.

Started preparing/cooking dinner with son #2 whilst clearing up in the kitchen at the same time.  Dinner tonight will be roast chicken, roast cauliflower, kale and roast potatoes.

Watched another two episodes of 'Truth Seekers' over dinner then began to wind things down for the end of the day. It's not bad though perhaps not as good as it could be. Tonight's episode had a few good laugh out loud moment, especially the mobile phone filters gag. Good to see Malcolm McDowell on TV again.

Scattered amongst the post-'A Saucerful Of Secrets' and pre-'Dark Side Of The Moon' (or should that be pre-'Meddle'?) Pink Floyd albums there are number of really excellent songs on generally less successful albums.  One of my favourites is 'Cirrus Minor' from the film soundtrack album 'More'


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020