Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 17th November 2020

Where do I begin?  I am working today so that's going to occupy most of the day.

I'm working whilst taking measures to try and ease the pain in my hip / back, including having to resort to the Bezos demon to get hold of some Tiger balm on the same day.

Work dominates the day, punctured by a minor surprise discovery which requires a bit of re-think of things on my part.

In the early evening I found time to listen to Sunday's 'Freak Zone' - nothing earth shattering, just the odd thing of interest I'd not heard. Stuart must be reading my blog as he played the Divide and Dissolve track I posted on Saturday.  (Only kidding. He isn't. He did play the song however.)

We watched the third episode of 'The Queen's Gambit', which continues to captivate, both in the chess scenes and the portrayal of life in the 1960s.  Anya Taylor-Joy, who plays the older lead character, Beth Harmon gives a really strong performance and steals the scenes she is in.

And that, as someone once said, is the end of it.

I think I first heard this on 'Freak Zone' a few weeks ago, can't quite recall, but wherever it was, I like it. Espectostatic with 'Escape from Witchtropolis' from the album of the same name


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020