Tales From The Crypt - Friday 2nd September 2022

Don't think there'll be much to say about today as it's probably going to be a case of 'all work and no play'

Naturally, I walked first thing and during the walk, I had a call with Q: she's travelling by car over the next two days to a place called Yalgoo, to see the wildflowers which are apparently a thing that excites global interest. Looking forward to seeing the pictures. The first stop on the road trip is a place called Moora where they're stopping overnight so that the full adventure party can meet up before heading further north and east tomorrow.

Mid-afternoon Q and I chatted before she went to sleep as she's an early start tomorrow.  One week to go. 

I made good progress at work today, so when it's time to shut down the PCs, I'm feeling accomplished and it's been a good week.

Tonight, seven of us are off out for a meal in Nando's, the magnificent seven being my three sons and their gfs plus moi.

This is probably an embarrassing confession, but this is the first time I've ever eaten in a Nando's AFAIK. Chicken, I guess?

Back from Nando's, after a fun evening with the gang.  First Nando's experience?  It was good. Not Michelin-star good, but if there had been a tin (and there may have been, but I didn't see one) and there had also been writing on it describing the food, then it would probably have done the thing that was written on the tin. Though if it had been written in Portuguese, I may not have been able to confirm or deny it.

Bedtime is looming on the horizon, so I'm off upstairs before I turn back into a pumpkin.

Jack River / 'Real Life' / (Single, I think!)


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020