Lockdown Diary - Thursday 5th November 2020

Early start, as usual, with a walk to the post box in the cold and fog to make sure my card catches the first (only) collection.

Usual cleaning mayhem going on around as I start work and eat my breakfast at the same time.

I'm still battling to keep my head above water but work is getting increasingly busy which does at least act as a temporary distraction.

Mid-afternoon I manage to squeeze in another bracing walk as the sun begins to hide and the temperature drops in line with the sun's gradual disappearance.

Late afternoon I have a call with a mate in Berlin and we set the world straight again, without the aid of alcohol.

Back to work again before the evening carer's arrive ahead of the Idler chat with Rebecca Buxton and Lisa Whiting about the 'Philosopher Queens', a discussion of some of the many largely overlooked women philosophers.  Thankfully, I have heard of quite a few the women discussed - I had wondered if this would be another area of total ignorance on my part. Naturally the Idler drinks was accompanied with alcohol, it would be rude not to.

Dinner next with son #2, who again pretty much took over, leaving me to do cleaning up and getting organised.

My phone reminds me that I should have been at SUB89 tonight seeing Gong, which in turn triggers the thought that I've really missed live music this year, with only one gig attended before lockdown (Julian Cope and Tom Hickox, if you're asking).

We closed out the evening watching the final episode of 'The Third Day' which turned up the 'Sam Peckinpah' a notch or three.  I really enjoyed the series and found it to be one of the better things I've watched this year (certainly knocked 'Lovecraft Country' into a cocked hat, IMHO!)

I was going to go out and paint the town red, but then decided against it and thought I'd get ready for bed instead.

I love both the original Al Green version of 'Take Me To The River' as well as the Talking Heads version, and, though they have different qualities, they each have an intensity that matches the lyrics.  I was going to choose the Talking Heads version today, but as I've written this I've changed my mind.  I'll choose the 'Heads version tomorrow...probably!


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020