Lockdown Diary - Friday 30th October 2020

Made a more concerted effort to be awoken by the light of dawn (thank you Dawn!), but still the alarm was what woke me, even though I'd set it for 10 to 7.  A bit too cloudy perhaps?

Today is all about work, again. The euphoria of passing the certification exam has all but left me. Back to the stuff that needs doing, like the year end review process. Oh, tedium, where art thou?

After work son #2 and I went to pick up son #3 from uni - his next week is a reading week, so he's decided to return for a weekend of home comforts (I think I'm going to have extra washing) before getting stuck in to his reading and end of year essays next week.

After returning with son #3, it was time to get stuck in to cooking - we'd decided to make chilli con carne tonight and the recipe reckoned 10 minutes prep and 1 hour to cook it so it was straight into prep after washing hands etc. Team effort until the later stages when things were just cooking, then the rest was done by son #2 and I.

A little over seventy-five minutes later we all sat down to eat chilli and watch Frankie Boyle's New World Order - always a great way to brighten up the day 😉

Going to be up early tomorrow, so clearing up, then going up, then lying down, then drifting away is the order of the day (night, but it doesn't rhyme!)
 
I've been listening to all sorts of weird stuff at the outer reaches of music (some of that to follow, once I've managed to get my head around it) but this song from new Irish band NewDad is doing the rounds of my brain cell. I love the chorus (all the lyrics, in fact) to 'Blue' and the dreamy guitar sound. They've made a few other singles, so I must take a listen.


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020