Lockdown Diary - Saturday 10th October 2020

Usual Saturday sequence of shopping, this week with son #2, followed by chores and more chores, brightened by a a chat with a friend I've not spoken to for a while.

Stole an hour or so to read the papers before having a phone chat with my mother-in-law, catching up on what's been going on in her world. She'd spoken to son #2, at length, before speaking to me, so I didn't have quite as long a call as usual.  This was especially good today because we going to go and deliver a few items to son #3 in his flat once the call had ended. We are leaving him to do his shopping but there was post to be delivered (only since he left home has he received post!), an extension lead (lack of sockets) and other odds 'n sods amongst which was a cinnamon swirl from the bread/cake stall in the market.

Son #2 accompanied me on the trip to the halls, with son #3 emerging just as we pulled up.  I've suddenly realised that son #3 and I had a hug, which we probably shouldn't have done, but it was just the natural thing to do and was done before I'd realised it.  Handed over the stuff and in return got an unused bag of dishwasher tablets (the flat only has human dishwashers) which saved me buying more.  It was good to see him and he seemed to be pleased to see us, even though it was almost as brief as a drive-by shooting, but without the malice or violence.

We had an enjoyable journey home via the scenic route, discussing the conversation with grandma/mother-in-law and this and that. Not long after we got back the carers arrived for the last call of the day, after which I decided it was time for music: Lianne La Havas and a compilation called '76 In The Shade' which is themed around the extremely hot summer of 1976 with what can only be described as a very eclectic choice of songs and artists.

It is an established tradition in our household that Saturday night is curry night, except when it isn't, and tonight is no exception. Post-music I got dinner under way ahead of film night, which was son #2's choice. 

The film chosen for tonight was 'Memento' which was one of director-of-the-moment Christopher Nolan's first big films.  I'm sure many of you will have seen it and will know it's premise and although I've seen it before, it still requires close attention to understand what's going / gone on. I enjoyed it again and it remains one of my favourites. Post-film we had a bit of a discussion of what we'd just seen and what we'd understood had happened, just to make sure we had all understood the same things.

After that the day wound down to its usual conclusion.

Slowdive's 'Go Get It' seems most fitting for today, especially for its 'I wanna see it/I wanna feel it' refrain. For the record (!) this is from the album simply titled 'Slowdive', which was an excellent comeback album after a long break. 


[[~]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020