Lockdown Diary - Friday 9th October 2020

Friday again, another weekend beckons, but first I must make it through a day of work.

Unusually I start the day, once breakfasted, with a trip to the shops: I need to get the remaining half of tonight's dinner (should have been in our shopping delivery but short-dated and not freeze-able) and also pick up my regular supply of meds, or most of it at least, as it turns out the repeat for my most recent medication is not aligned with the rest of it, which is probably my fault in part (though I did phone up about it on Monday). I needed to be back by 9 for a call and amazingly managed to get both things done in time and pick up a flat white from Costa.

Work dominated the rest of the day until it was time for my, now becoming regular, trip with son #1 and his gf to the station so she can go home.  It has the added advantage of being one of the few occasions I get uninterrupted time with son #1 where I can talk about how he's feeling and how his plans for the future are going.

Somewhere in between times I managed to listen to the end of last week's 'Freak Zone' and also re-watch Merlin Sheldrake on mushrooms. I'm glad I decided to do that as there was so much I missed on first watching it, owing to being distracted.

For a change I cooked dinner tonight on my own - son #2 does this so often these days that I thought I should. It also means I can listen to my playlist whilst doing it, which is a bonus.

Over dinner we watched the first episode of 'Lovecraft Country' on Netflix, which was a good - quite a bit of this episode was about setting the scene, but nevertheless it was a gripping start.

Going back a few years for Black Mountain's 'Mothers Of The Sun' from the imaginatively titled album 'IV', though this is a 'live' version recorded for American radio station KEXP in Seattle (there is a slightly disconcerting video to accompany this song which is worth watching, but I've seen it loads of times, so this makes a welcome change)


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020