Lockdown Diary - Monday 12th October 2020

Monday starts off with a load of activity from the relatively sedate mindful meditation at 7:30 to the rather more vigorous yoga at 10  o'clock. In and around these two events I ate breakfast, drank a coffee and went to the Post Office.

Shortly after getting changed out of my yoga gear the lunchtime carers arrived to do their things during which I chatted with them about about this and that.

Bumped into son #2 who'd just emerged from his pit - guess he might as well take advantage of this opportunity to sleep in while he can, as he won't be able to emerge so late once he starts his new job - and we had a hug before I went off to meditate for 20 (more) minutes.

As my meditation came to an end I could hear son #2 making lunch in the kitchen so I went and joined him to help out. Abandoned to eat my lunch alone, I decided to read yesterday's paper (which I didn't have time to start) whilst hoping the weather would clear enough to persuade me to go for a walk. It does seem I am a fair weather walker at the moment: if it rained whilst I was out, I'd complete it, but if it's dark, wet and miserable before I've even left the house, then it can wait until tomorrow.  [It might as well rain until September]

Looks like the rain ain't gonna stop for me so I think I'll finish the 'Wandering Rocks' chapter of 'Ulysses' ('Sirens' next!), read the next chapter of 'The Many' and knock up a review of 'The Hunting Party' whilst my mind is awash with thoughts, if not rain, thankfully.

Time to tidy up in the kitchen before starting on dinner. It's an excuse to listen to music.  I'm joined briefly by son #1 who empties the dishwasher and loads it with today's dirty stuff.  After that son #2 and I kick off the dinner.  He's doing the spuds and the meat whilst I prep the never-ending Swiss chard - no matter how much I take from the bag and prepare there's always more to be done!

Episode 3 of 'Lovecraft Country' was the evening's entertainment: an enjoyable episode in which those determined to do harm got their rather unexpected comeuppance.

From Desert Sessions (Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age and a bunch of mates) this is 'Dead In Love' from 'Desert Sessions 9 & 10'


[[~]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020