Tales From The Crypt - Friday 24th June 2022

Working from 'home' on the south coast today, despite which I'll not have a huge amount to say until the evening, if at all.

Busy with work all day with a break for lunch during which I meditated. Q went into her office for a few hours in the morning whilst I beavered away. (N.B. No dams were created during this period of intense activity)

I finished work promptly today as we're driving to New Milton to see Shaparak (the comedian formerly known as Shappi) Khorsandi on her 'It Was The 90s' tour.


Q rustled up some dinner for us before we left as there would be no time to eat before the gig and too late after.  That was a double shame as I also have some Idler friends who live not far from New Milton, though they may have been busy and time was short, especially as we have plans for Saturday which mean we can't get up late.

We were sat right at the back in what appeared to be a modernised nissan hut, though my entrance (or rather the Miss Stacia / Hawkwind t-shirt I was wearing) captured the attention of the people who, by coincidence, we were sitting behind.


Shaparak was her own warm-up act and so, effectively did two sets, and when she came back after the interval she had changed (clothing issues in the first half) her top and entered into the full 'It Was The 90s' set.  Both halves were very good, with the first half involving some audience interaction with people in the front row, including a good rap on the subject of plywood.  Bet you can't imagine that!  Both Q and I enjoyed it and I'd gladly see Shaparak again on a different tour.

After the gig, I drove us home and on arrival demonstrated that I'm even worse at parallel parking in the dark than I normally am. Q got a lift to the kerb while I walked the long way around.  I really should learn how to use the automatic parking software. Or let Q park my car. Instead, it seems, I'd rather keep on trying until I get it right. Or close enough.

Once indoors it was time for bed as we are both tired.  More tired than a Goodyear factory. (Pathetic!)

Until we meet again!

Rage Against The Machine / 'Killing In The Name Of' / 'Rage Against The Machine'


[[Despite Shaparak making numerous references to Pulp's 'Common People', I had to choose a different song from the '90s just to be different.  Not that I don't like Pulp. Great album and legendary Glastonbury performance]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020