Tales From The Crypt - Summer Solstice (Tuesday 21st June 2022)

The last day of my birthday annual leave, and my plan is to chill. In particular, I want to finish reading the weekend papers if nothing else. I'd also like to find time to listen to some new albums, but I do have a few chores to do and tasks to organise including, of course, more washing!

There are a number of big life decisions and conversations I need to plan and have with the relevant parties, including a decision about my car which I need to do something about by October.  I'm hoping to find the time to think today, as well.

Although I woke quite early, I wasn't early enough to watch the live stream of the sunrise at Stonehenge. Never mind. I really need the sleep more.

Today is K's birthday (K being our usual early morning carer) and when she arrives, just before 7, I present her with a card.  I hope she finds it funny!

Another glorious day! I love the summer! I love the sun!  Keep it coming!

Most of the morning was consumed by chores plus a visit by the CM to check E over and discuss the hospital discharge, palliative care and care in the community. It seems to be a case of 'watch this space'.  On a positive note, E's observations are excellent and she seems to be fully recovered from her bout of pneumonia.

After lunch, the weekend papers and I were introduced again and I managed to find the time to finish all three, or at least all that I wanted to read in them.

I made dinner on my own for a change, mainly because I have been spoilt these past few days.  Managed to squeeze in a bit of music (The Screaming Blue Messiahs) before sons 1 and 3 sat down and ate with me.  After some complex negotiations ('I've only watched episode 1', 'I only have 40 minutes at the most') we settled on the first episode of 'Big Boys' on C4, which was both enjoyable and fun as well as including a bit of Wet Leg on the soundtrack.

Usual end to my day with an enjoyable chat with Q before attempting to sleep.

John Robertson / 'The Atomic Facts Of Love' / 'The Atomic Facts Of Love'


[[Never heard of this guy until today, apparently this is his debut album. As soon as this came on the radio, I was struck by it, hence it is here.]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020