Tales From The Crypt - Monday 20th June 2022

My day begins on the south coast as I pack my stuff up ahead of the journey north to home.

I think time passes quicker on the south coast, or it seems that way. Time flies...

Once home I'm back into the usual round of chores etc, though today is a little unusual; I'm having a second birthday (like the Queen) with presents, candles and cake.  Q kindly baked another full-scale lemon drizzle cake, so we can enjoy LDC again. 

Before the celebration, I need to do the washing (it's a glorious day to dry it), several wash loads in fact.  I think son #1 bought home a bottomless bag of washing as it seems there will be towels to do tomorrow!

Finally, I get around to cutting the grass, front and back (and, no, that's not a euphemism) in two stages. Partly because it's hot but also because I've agreed to pick sons 1 and 2 up from the dentist.

I've been keeping an eye on E and the new medication she's on seems to be reducing the coughing significantly, though they may have more to do with all the suctioning they were doing in hospital.

My birthday celebrations recommence after son #3 gets home from work and, much to my surprise, I have some books, a rather large number of albums on CD and a card-based word game.  I also have some great cards and a few vouchers, which is how I like it.

Dinner is started late, but does end with birthday cake, me blowing out the candles, and another rendition of 'Happy Birthday', in part for E's benefit.

During the evening I speak to both my sisters before retiring to a chat with a very tired Q.

Before sleeping, I watched the sun setting at Stonehenge, courtesy of English Heritage. Something magical about it. Tomorrow is the longest day/Summer Solstice.

Thankfully I'm not working tomorrow as I could do with a chilled day with the weekend papers and music.

Nuyorican Soul / 'I Am The Black Gold Of The Sun' / 'Nuyorican Soul'


[[Tough choice here:  I was torn between this version and the original by Rotary Connection (which features the sublime vocal talents of Minnie Riperton), both have their merits, but I reckon this version is funkier and more danceable, maybe. It fits the mood]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020