Tales From The Crypt - Saturday 18th June 2022

Slow-ish start to the day: Q has a 9:45 hair appointment which means we'll need to leave at 9:30 if we're walking, which we are.  It's estimated that this appointment will take one and a half hours, so I plan to entertain myself.  

After saying goodbye outside the hairdressing establishment I head first for WHS.  There's an obituary for Cathal Coughlan in 'Record Collector' magazine and I'd like to look at it and see if it's worth buying.  It's not. Whilst there I take the opportunity to look through all the music mags, there's nothing worth parting with money for. As I'm there, I look through their book selection, which is as dire and uninspiring as I'd expect for such a small branch.

No matter I have my Bullet Journal and stuff with me, as well as a copy of the Idler and also 'Edge of the Orison' to read, and so the next stop is Coffee #1.  

This is my first ever visit to a Coffee #1 and is forced upon me because since Coca-Cola bought Costa and forced them to use non-diary milk provided by their own milk company AdeZ, I cannot drink there.  I would normally have a coconut flat white because as well as being lactose intolerant I'm also soya milk intolerant (apparently even more common). AdeZ coconut milk supplied by the Coca-Cola offshoot contains soya for reasons only known to them (I imagine it's cheaper) and I cannot drink it because it makes me feel unwell.  So, farewell Costa.

The local Coffee #1 is large and I take my coconut flat white and almond croissant (more on that in a moment) and sit at a table with comfy chairs at the back to Bullet Journal and read.

Around two hours after the hair appointment began, we meet up again and head home.  

After a spot of lunch, we head out again to do some food shopping largely focused on the ingredients needed to make a birthday cake for me, for tomorrow.  I have requested a lemon drizzle cake, because.

Q sets about making the cake whilst I complete some tasks I have to do on my laptop (not work, I hasten to add!)  My contribution to the cake making, apart from the request, is to grate lemon peel off a bunch of lemons. When life gives you lemons, make lemon drizzle cake!

After dinner, centred on the lamb meatballs I bought for us, we watched the first episode of 'Sherwood', and by God was it good. Can't wait to see the second!

The day is coming to a close and tomorrow my milometer clocks up another year. 

piri / 'words (Higgo Remix)' / (Single)


[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020