Tales From The Crypt - Friday 15th October 2021

Another working day marred by the return of the side-effects of sertraline: when will they end?

The return of abnormal normality is welcomed today, with E's care back in the hands of those who know her best, the value of which can never be overstated.

Finally got the result back from the PCR test, though it wasn't worth waiting for as it was 'We could not read your coronavirus PCR test (or other lab test) sample. This means it’s not possible to say if you had the virus when the test was done.' As I'm being careful around E and also am due to go out for dinner tonight I take a lateral flow test, which comes back negative.  Late in the afternoon I get an email from the council which basically says that my test was sent to laboratory that's been providing incorrect results, and I should re-do it.  Based on the fact I'm double-vaccinated, have no symptoms, the lateral flow test was negative and the also the fact that if I get a re-test my results would come back after the 10 day isolation period had it been positive, I figure it's a total waste of time. That it took test and trace four days to notify me that I may had been in close proximity (Bluetooth range) to someone diagnosed with Covid, during which time I visited the hospital three times and travelled up to London on public transport and the tube (admittedly wearing a mask), means that had I got it, I'd've spread it far and wide. It seems to me that Test & Trace is not delivering any real value, given how much money we've lined certain companies (and individuals) pockets with. Bastards.

Based on my lateral flow test results my friend is still happy to meet, despite the frankly useless PCR test result (I am suspicious, based on the history / timeline of the dodgy testing laboratory, that they've just been making up the results and trousering the money), and so at around 6 p.m. I head for Winchester.

Well! That was fun! Had a great meal in Rick Stein's Winchester restaurant, though I probably could have eaten dried bread and water and still had a great evening.  Driving home bathed in the silvery light of the moon, feeling alright.

Doja Cat FT. SZA / 'Kiss Me More' / 'Planet Her' 




[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020