Tales From The Crypt - Saturday 23rd October 2021

An extraordinary Saturday ahead, but one which begins like most others with a trip to the shops.

All the usual stuff to cram into a shortened day before I head off to a gig on the south coast and an overnight stay at a friend's house.

Just after 2 p.m. I head off for my trip down south...

[Everything that follows has been written two days later]

After a very tasty but unexpectedly spicy Bangladeshi fish curry (the phrase 'slightly spicy' sounds so tame, it can't possibly be a problem, can it?  The eating of it, however, is a reminder of the inherent ambiguity of the English language, because, as I soon discover, one woman's (or man's for that matter) slightly spicy is another's extremely spicy, and so it was for me - thank God for the bottomless (non-alcoholic I hasten to add) drinks) we headed hot foot (and stomach) to the gig.

The gig was an enjoyable occasion, despite the band being one I'd never heard before, playing in a genre I have an uncertain relationship with, but with some exceptional singing and playing allied to some great lyrics, it was good fun. Being open-minded does generally pay off, though the gig attendees (or at least a singular subset of them) make all the difference. 

The veil of night descends upon the remainder of the day.

Todd Rundgren (TR-I) / 'Worldwide Epiphany' / 'No World Order' 



[[For reasons only my brain can explain, I always find this song uplifting, a call to arms, if you like. Whatever]]

[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Wednesday 8th July 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020