Tales From The Crypt - Monday 25th October 2021

Originally I had intended to go to this morning's live/in-person yoga class, however yesterday whilst beside the seaside, beside the sea, I rather foolishly twisted my right ankle because my mind was elsewhere and not focused on the unexpected level change I encountered.  After a brief period of hobbling like a goblin (is that a thing?) my ankle seemed to recover and leaving a slight ache, mostly. Overnight, however, it stiffened (my ankle, stick with it!!) probably due to lack of movement and it seemed sensible not to attempt to push my luck in my attempts to look like a Flamingo (very pink!) or enter into dancer's pose (which is already difficult enough, being akin to throwing yourself head first off a cliff!)

Instead I have decided to get a number of things done and, maybe, if time permits, chill with the weekend's papers, which I've not found time to read, yet.

One of the things I had to do was complete the backlog of posts for the weekend that life had prevented me from writing at the time, and that's now done and I'm up to date here.

If I sit still at the PC for too long, my ankle gets worse, so I've decided to go for a walk - exercise and keeping moving seems to be the best way to get my ankle to recover.  My walk proves to be a good opportunity to catch up with a friend, even if the people I pass on my travels are thinking 'he's talking to himself and has completely lost it now'.

As the day has progressed I find I've read bugger-all of the papers, and instead am now making dinner accompanied by music (is there any other way?) before being joined by son #2 who completes the Swiss Chard by adding Chipotle paste to it as it gently sautés. 

Another episode of 'The Man In The High Castle' later and it's time for bed, but not before an enjoyable catch-up with a friend who is less of an insomniac than me 😀😀

Jenny Hval / 'Six Red Cannas (feat. Vivian Wang, Félicia Atkinson, and Laura Jean)' / 'The Practice Of Love' 



[[]]

Comments

Popular Posts

Love, Poetry and Revolution - Monday 13th May 2024

Lockdown Diary - Friday 28th August 2020

Lockdown Diary - Thursday 11th March 2021

Lockdown Diary - Tuesday 29th September 2020

Lockdown Diary - Friday 18th December 2020